Family Day is almost upon many of us so you know what that means – it’s a long weekend! To the provinces who don’t observe Family Day: we’re sorry, let’s band together to create a petition to bring Family Day to your area, and we’ll get our whole team to sign it! We think everyone should celebrate a bonus day off with their loved ones. The good news is that what we’re about to propose to you in this post doesn’t require having Monday off work. With the winter weather not slowing down anytime soon (sorry Alberta, make sure to bundle up out there), what better way to spend quality time with your family indoors than a Pinty’s cook off challenge? Get the whole family together and finally discover who the Gordon Ramsay of the house is.
Down below, we’ve provided you with four different recipes featuring Pinty’s products so your fam is covered for tasty eats, Friday through Monday! Get everyone at home involved, even your friends! From a family of two to a crew of 20 (if you have a kitchen this big, you’re living the good life), it doesn’t matter how many loved ones participate in this challenge, as long as everyone has fun!
Here’s how you can host your own Pinty’s cook off challenge:
1. Look at the recipes below, figure out how many family members will be participating, and buy ingredients and kitchen items accordingly.
Sidenote: Click here to check out this recipe converter to figure out how much ingredients you need, depending on how many people will participate. Don’t feel restricted by the recipes below. If there are other ingredients or new recipes your family wants to try, go for it!
2. Split into teams. If it’s four or less people, everyone can split up individually.
3. Find an area where each team can work. For example, one team can use the kitchen, one team can use the dining room, and if required, one team can set up in the living room.
4. Grab those instructions, set up kitchen items, and prepare all the ingredients because it’s time to cook off!
Optional: If your family is competitive, set a time restriction and/or provide a prize at the end. The possibilities are endless! If you have enough family members, make it a weekend tournament!
5. At the end, when everyone is finished, each team will taste each other’s dish and vote for their favourite. If the cook off is a weekend tournament, winning teams will move on to the next round until the final winner is crowned (we’ve provided suggested days to make each recipe). If it’s a one-day cook off and it ends up being a tie, keep it traditional and play rock paper scissors, or whatever the family decides.
Whether it’s a one-day event or a weekend tournament, you know it’s going to be a blast! Everyone gets the best prize of all, spending time with family and friends.
Friday - Greek Salad with Pinty’s Chicken
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 package of Pinty’s Eat Well Chicken Breast Strips
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (10 ounces) of mixed greens
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup parsley
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Follow cooking instructions for Pinty’s Eat Well Chicken Breast Strips. Let it sit after cooking. Dice into 3 to 4 pieces.
2. For the dressing, mix lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and tahini in a small bowl. Mix tomatoes, red onions, red bell pepper, parsley, and mixed greens into a large bowl, drizzle dressing, and mix together until even. Drizzle feta cheese.
3. Once placed on plate, put 6-8 diced chicken pieces on top. Enjoy!
Saturday - Pinty’s Buffalo Chicken Nachos recipe
Ingredients (Makes 4 to 6 servings)
- 1 package of Pinty’s Pub & Grill Buffalo Chicken Chunks
- 1 large bag of Tortilla chips
- 4 green onions*, sliced
- 1 whole tomato*, diced into small pieces
- 1 package (8 ounce) shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 cup packaged or homemade salsa
- 1 cup packaged or homemade guacamole
*These ingredients are optional. Replace or add a variety of different toppings as you wish like green/red/orange peppers, black olives, jalapenos, red onions, etc.
1. Follow cooking instructions for Pinty’s Pub & Grill Buffalo Chicken Chunks. After cooking, shred chicken. Optional: toss chicken in one of three sauces (hot, medium, blue cheese).
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
3. Place half the bag of tortilla chips onto a large baking sheet. Sprinkle half the cheese on top, half of the shredded chicken, half of the sliced green onions, half of the diced tomatoes, and half of any other toppings you wish to include.
4. Place the remaining bag of tortilla chips and the rest of the ingredients on top of the first layer (cheese, chicken, green onions, tomatoes, other toppings). This is the best way to ensure that everyone is getting a consistent amount of toppings at the top and bottom of the pile.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
6. Serve with salsa and guacamole. Enjoy!
Sunday - Macaroni and Cheese with Pinty’s BBQ Chicken
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
1 package of Pinty’s Pub & Grill Bold BBQ Chicken Chunks
1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup whole milk
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1¼ ounce monterey jack cheese
3¼ tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1¼ tablespoon dry bread crumbs
1. Follow cooking instructions for Pinty’s Pub & Grill Bold BBQ Chicken Chunks. Shortly after cooking, cut each piece of chicken into 4 to 6 smaller pieces. Optional: Every package comes with a packet of Bold BBQ sauce so go toss that chicken in the sauce if your heart desires.
2. Cook macaroni by following package directions.
3. Melt 2¼ tablespoons of butter over medium heat, Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted. Drain macaroni.
4. Grease 1½ quarter baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and mix well. Melt the remaining butter and add bread crumbs. Sprinkle half over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in pieces of Pinty’s chicken; sprinkle other half of bread crumbs over top. Place back in oven for 10 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Enjoy!
Monday - Pinty’s Chicken Caesar Wrap
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
1 package of Pinty’s Eat Well Chicken Breast Strips
4 tortilla or whole grain wraps
2 cups mixed greens
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 slices of bacon, crumbled
¾ cup Caesar salad dressing
¾ cup croutons, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Follow cooking instructions for Pinty’s Eat Well Chicken Breast Strips. Optional: shred chicken or cut into smaller pieces of 2 to 4.
2. Place mixed greens, Parmesan cheese, bacon, croutons and Caesar salad dressing into a large bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper accordingly.
3. Place salad on top of tortilla or whole grain wrap. Place chicken on top, wrap and enjoy!
Family Day long weekend just became a lot more fun with the Pinty’s cook off challenge! Don’t feel like competing? Instead of splitting into teams, just get your whole family involved in making these dishes and start a Pinty’s Family Day tradition. Which recipe are you most excited to try with the fam? Share and tag us in a photo or video of your finished Pinty’s dish on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and you could be featured!
Recipes adapted from: