The tradition of premium poultry products with the Pinty’s name attached goes back over 60 years, when in 1943 Ed Pintwala first opened Pinty’s Poultry Limited. The first plant was processing up to 60,000 chickens a week.
The Vanderlaan and Pintwala family entered into a joint venture, combining Port Colborne Poultry, a fresh chicken processor with Pinty’s Foods, a further processor. Together they grew to meet fresh and further processed poultry needs.
On March 26, 2001 it was announced that Port Colborne Poultry and Pinty’s Premium Foods acquired Southern Fine Foods in Oakville, which would operate as a subsidiary to Port Colborne Poultry.
Pinty’s launches their first consumer website.
Pinty’s retail branded packaging is re-designed introducing the colour coded ‘Ribbon Reveal’, aligning the entire Pinty’s family of products for the first time.
Pinty’s moved Head Office to Burlington, Ontario consolidating all administration under one roof. 2007 was also the year the company purchased the Paris, Ontario full cook facility.
2010 was a year of operations consolidation and restructuring of manufacturing processes in the company’s effort to continue its best in class operating performance, while continuing strong overall coporate growth.
Pinty’s logo is redesigned and launched, using a clean font with a modern flair paying homage to the era of the 40’s where it all began.